This will be an advanced level presentation on the use of solr as a backend to views using Search API (https://drupal.org/project/search_api) and Search API Solr (https://drupal.org/project/search_api_solr) and how, when done properly, this combination can allow you to create extremely fast searches and views that scale to tens of thousands of entities even on relatively limited resources.
- When and why to use solr backed views
- Creating the solr index - beautiful data in, beautiful data out
- Data in the index - for search, for display, or both
- How to view the solr index contents directly using Luke (http://code.google.com/p/luke/)
- How to replicate traditional views relationships with a solr-backed view
- Creating a view that doesn't use the site database at all + cool things you can do with this
- Pitfalls to avoid
I have posted my slides as well as db dumps and feature modules for the demo site I was using.