We will share our experiences developing bilingual websites as well as adding a second language to an existing unilingual website. Building multilingual websites in Drupal has evolved over the years. New to version Drupal 7, we now have field and entity translations in addition to the trusted node-level translations.
In this presentation we will cover:
- what’s new for multilingual websites in Drupal 7,
- differences between field, entity and node level translations,
- techniques for translating various parts of your site,
- experiences working with translators,
- and building multilingual websites while being a monoglot.
Language embodies the intellectual wealth of the people who use it. ~ Kenneth Hale