Frequently Asked Questions with Answers
See Speaker Resources
- Who should attend the Summit?
- The target audience is Drupalistas living in the Pacific Northwest.
We don't plan to have sessions designed specifically for beginners, but many sessions will be useful to beginners.
For more details, see About.
- Where can I see an Overview of the Summit schedule?
- Glad you asked, go here Schedule Overview
- I see a web site problem. How do I report it?
- Submit a description of the problem with the Contact form under Category Website issues.
Provide any error messages and the relevant URL link(s).
- How do I navigate the website on a small screen?
- On a small screen, click the Menu icon in the upper righthand corner.
A vertical menu of the main pages will appear.
When you are on an interior page, scroll to the bottom of the page for a contextual menu of related pages.
- What is the Registration process?
- Step 1: Click "Register" in top menu
Step 2: Enter how many tickets you want to purchase and click the purchase registration button to continue
Step 3: Enter the email you'd like to use for your ticket
Step 4: Enter the email you'd like to use for your site account
Step 5: Review the order and click "continue" to transfer to Paypal
Step 6: Fill out Paypal information
Step 7: Once payment is complete you will receive an email with details on how to log in and edit your profile
Step 8: If you are unable to login, request a new password: http://2013.pnwdrupalsummit.org/user/password
Step 9: Enjoy the site and watch for announcements in the Latest News section on the right side of the screen
- How can I order more passes after I register?
- Log out and repeat the registration process.
- I have problems with my registration. How can I get help?
- Submit a description of the problem with the Contact form under Category Registration.
- Are any meals included with the registration price?
- Your registration includes lunch for Saturday and Sunday and a ticket to the social Saturday evening
- Where do I find out about sponsorship levels?
- Go to the main menu/sub menu: Conference / Sponsor
- How do I get more sponsorship information?
- Submit an enquiry with the Contact form under Category Sponsorship information.
To see active sponsors, scroll to the bottom of a page or click the Sponsors link in the main menu for a drop down list.
- How do I volunteer my time during the conference?
- Use the Contact form to indicate your interest.
Social media questions
- What Twitter tags should I use?
- Post tweets with #pnwds and tags for your community. Seattle Drupal is #vandug
- What Twitter accounts should I follow?
- Main account: @drupalsummit. Seattle account: @vandug
- What IRC channels have Summit discussions?
- Organizers: #vandug, Attendees: #drupal-pnw
If you don't have an IRC client, try this http://webchat.freenode.net/
- Is there a Facebook page for the Summit?
- Yes, PacificNWDrupalSummit
Ticket refund & transfer questions
- What is the ticket refund policy?
- Registered attendees may request a ticket refund through September 15, 2013.
- Submit your ticket refund request:
1) Use Contact form http://2013.pnwdrupalsummit.org/contact
2) Mention “ticket refund” in the subject line.
3) Category: Registration
4) Provide a User ID for your account like this: http://2013.pnwdrupalsummit.org/user/999/edit
5) Copy/paste your PayPal email receipt. Make sure it includes the PayPal transaction number
- Your request will be forwarded to the Drupal Association for processing via PayPal. PayPal will withhold a service fee (up to $3.50) if your refund is processed after 60 days from date of purchase.
- If you do not receive a refund via PayPal within 10 days of your request, request a followup on the website Contact form. Provide the same information that you originally submitted and the date it was sent.
- What is the ticket transfer policy?
- You may transfer your ticket to a new attendee through October 4, 2013.
- Submit your ticket transfer information:
1) Go to Contact form http://2012.pnwdrupalsummit.org/contact
2) Mention “ticket transfer” in the subject line.
3) Category: Registration
4) Describe the transfer, from whom to whom
5) Provide a User ID for your account like this: http://2013.pnwdrupalsummit.org/user/999/edit
- Edit your account and notify the new attendee:
1) Go to your user account http://2012.pnwdrupalsummit.org/user
2) Remove personal/image/link information as needed
3) Username: (edit to new attendee username)
4) E-mail address: (edit to new attendee email address)
5) Save changes
6) Instruct new attendee to request new password http://2013.pnwdrupalsummit.org/user/password and to update username/password/personal_information/images/links.
Categories: Speaker, Conference, Website, Registration, Sponsorship, Volunteer, Social media, Refunds & Transfers